Monday, November 2, 2009

Brush with Fame

Lynn Pasquerella was just hired as the next President of MHC.

I met Lynn at the Phi Beta Kappa national meetings I attended a month ago. I talked to her for a bit after I heard she was a Mount Holyoke grad--I liked her--she seemed interesting, smart and no nonsense. Here is the funny thing--at that time she knew she was being interviewed for the job here, but I had no idea. If only I had known--I could have asked her an interesting question or two and had some inside knowledge of what she will do, but as it is, I have no more idea than anyone else who heard her speech today.

Her acceptance speech today was rather good--articulate and intellectually substantive. The emphasis on the liberal arts gives me some hope that the college will rediscover its reason for existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment