Friday, October 16, 2009

Twin Peaks Book Report

Emma, Janet and I have been watching Twin Peaks. Janet and I watched it when it originally aired, but Emma has never seen it, so with the aid of Netflix, we are all watching it. Twin Peaks, for those of you who don't know, is the Greatest TV show EVER. No contest here. Agent Cooper is right up there with Captain Kirk as Best Characters in a TV show.

So, if you haven't ever seen the show, do so. The whole thing is now out on DVD.

While watching it, I remembered that when the show was on, there were a few books that came out at the time--I read the Diary of Laura Palmer back then. This time through I looked up the other books--through the wonders of bookfinder.com, I found a cheap copy of The Autobiography of F.B.I. Special Agent Dale Cooper: My Life. My Tapes. The evaluation: It was OK. The whole thing is Dale Cooper's tape recordings starting at an early age--and if you have seen the show, you'll get the joke. A few parts are good--the background on Windom Earle is nicely done, the eccentricities are fun. But, some parts are just goofy--Dale Cooper was *way* too interested in girls throughout--seriously, that isn't the Agent Cooper we all know and love. If you are madly in love with the show, I suppose the book is worth reading, but only after you have watched the whole series.

No comments:

Post a Comment