Saturday, October 10, 2009

Another thing They never tell you about Job Interviews

When you are being interviewed over lunch it is your responsibility to make sure you actually eat your lunch. Seriously. None of the people interviewing you are going to be upset that you took a bite of food. The trick is simple; whenever someone else is asking a question take a bite of food. Take the bite as soon as they start talking. Chew and swallow while they are talking. If the questions is long-winded, take another bite. You have to be deliberate about this.

Two of the three people we interviewed this week did not follow this simple rule.

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't want to eat if I was on a lunch job interview. I want 100% of my mental effort going to answering questions and looking competent, rather than "pick up sandwich, take bite, put down sandwich, chew, swallow. Oh no, is there lettuce in my teeth!?"
    I've been the one of a panel of interviewers, and even from the position of power and with a lot of backup, I had trouble eating.

    ReplyDelete