Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Let it Snow

For the first time in my life, when I heard the news earlier in the week that another storm was heading our way, I sighed with dismay.  I just spent the morning removing snow and ice--again.  That makes 5 days in a row in which I have spent between 2 and 8 hours removing snow from our roof and things that used to be walkways.  I have been shovelling snow, chipping ice, melting ice, standing on ladders perched on top of mounds of ice, standing on ice-covered roofs, knocking out ice dams, putting buckets under leaky roofs where ice dams have formed, pulling out drenched insulation, wading through snow in drenched and frozen clothing, and generally been thinking that snow just isn't as much fun as it used to be. There is more snow on the way this evening. 

Too much.

1 comment:

  1. A note of optimism for your snow storm blues- Marv Hale mentioned tonight that it costs $85 an hour to clear roof gutters! It would apparently cost $15,0000 to clear the church roof....Just think of all the money you've saved clearing your own snow:) And no need to invest in a gym membership, you get a work out to boot!

    ReplyDelete